UAE’s National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority have released new sets of COVID-19 guidelines for hotels reopening in the UAE.
- The procedures require all workers to be examined for COVID-19 before reopening. They are also mandated to conduct re-tests every 15 days.
- Hotels will have to equip themselves with an infrared thermometer and thermal camera for general temperature assessments. surveillance.
- All employees should be tested for temperature several times per working day.
- Any guest or employee showing coronavirus symptoms will not be allowed to enter hotel facilities, according to the guidelines.
- Customers must have their temperatures taken before they enter.
Hotels are mandated to have a minimum of a 24-hour gap before allocating a previously used room to the next guest. Facilities such as restaurants, cafes, gyms, swimming pools and beaches in hotels will continue operating under a minimum capacity.
Restaurants and Cafes
The working hours of restaurants and cafes will be limited between 6 AM to 9 PM. Only four people would be permitted to sit at the same table with a minimum of 2.5 meters distance left between tables. Menus are expected to be sterilized after each use.